Choosing seasonal fruits and vegetables is a great sustainable decision that improves your diet, health, and well-being.
In addition, you can prepare incredible recipes with the fruits and vegetables of this spring 2023 with all the flavor and great quality.
It is true that our habits in terms of food consumption are changing since now we can buy fruits and vegetables, whatever their origin, regardless of the time or season.
But, eating seasonal foods has advantages since nature is wise and they offer us the nutrients (vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants.) that we need to protect ourselves in that season of the year.
What Are Seasonal Food Products? Reasons To Choose Them
Eating seasonal foods is a trend that has been recovering in recent years. Nutritionists, doctors, cooks, manufacturers, and distributors recommend consuming seasonal products because they are rich in nutritional properties, have optimal conservation, and require less handling, fewer additives, and fewer preservatives.
The concept is also related to local food since both are combined with products obtained close to where they are consumed since they are at the best moment of harvest, which is related to their direct consumption rather than their diversion. to remote areas. In addition, choosing seasonal foods has numerous benefits:
- We have the advantage that in spring, the prices of vegetables are very good, but if you crave other more typical winter foods such as delicious nuts, winter or autumn is the least expensive season because that is when they are harvested.
- It is beneficial for the environment since they are matured naturally and collected near their optimal point for consumption, and their nutrient contribution is much higher.
- It is also beneficial for our health since less toxic substances are used for its cultivation, which would then pass on to us when we eat food. Food is fresher seasonally, so the amount of nutrients you can get or absorb from eating it is much higher. Although we always recommend that, if possible, you always buy organic fruits and vegetables to ensure that you do not consume any type of toxin and that we can take advantage of the food since cooking with seasonal food in Spain puts you on the side of the natural cycle of the earth since the food will be produced naturally without much effort or polluting chemicals.
Read Related Article: What Are The Seasonal Fruits And Vegetables In Autumn?
What Are The Seasonal Products In Spring?
Among the spring season fruit, we find the following foods:
- Avocado. Lemons. Oranges. Medlar.
- Strawberries. strawberry. Cherries. Raspberry.
- Apricot. Pineapple. Grapefruit.
- Plum. Pear. banana.
- Broad beans. Peas. broccoli Cauliflower. …
- Chard. Leek. Artichoke. Asparagus. …
- Onion. Lettuce. Carrot. Zucchini. …
- Pepper. Potato. Tomato.
What Is Eaten In Spring In Spain?
Specifically, in Spain, fresh, nutritious, and very cheap foods throughout the year in Spain are lettuce, radishes, beets, and bananas. Here we provide you with a short list of typical spring products:
Spring Seasonal Fruits
In spring, consumption should be allocated to bananas, strawberries, pineapples, papayas, oranges, mangoes, and meddlers. In May the melon, apricots, cherries, plums, and nectarines begin to arrive. And, in June, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, and figs
Spring Seasonal Vegetables
As for vegetables, the green bean becomes the star of this period, in which we have a wide variety of additional alternatives. Among them, and as novelties, asparagus, watercress, sorrel, young garlic, young broad beans, and snow peas.
Starting in May, we also recommend eating peas, lettuce, new potatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, and celery. Also, remember that it is mushroom season and we can find multiple varieties that have a large number of benefits for our health.
You already know the best fruits and vegetables for spring 2023. In the Eco Centro bio online supermarket, you can buy them organic and at home, with delivery in Madrid. And we distribute them throughout the country if they are not fruits and vegetables.
Read This Article: What Are Kidney Stones And How To Fight Them
Read This Article: Black Cumin Seeds