Surely you know ChatGPT or DALL-E, but did you know that both work thanks to Generative Artificial Intelligence? And the thing is, many people know the term Artificial Intelligence, but not so much when it is followed by the word “generative”.
There are many types of Artificial Intelligence, and today we want to talk to you about this one, one of the most widespread, so that you know it in depth, know how it works, and understand what all its uses are, thus being able to put it into practice in your company.
What Is Generative Artificial Intelligence
Generative Artificial Intelligence or generative AI is a branch within AI capable of generating original content based on existing data previously provided. It is based on machine learning and deep learning methods, as well as advanced neural networks and algorithms that can learn images, texts, videos, and music to generate new and original content, difficult to distinguish from that created by a person on most occasions.
How Generative AI Works
Generative Artificial Intelligence works through machine learning, with which it is capable of processing a large amount of data, both visual and textual, to internalize patterns and know which elements are most likely to appear near others.
In short, a generative AI is a system trained to respond to what is asked of it in the most human way possible, thanks to the fact that it has learned by probability which elements should go next to others.
However, there are different training techniques to create a generative AI:
- Transformative Training: This is what has been used to train ChatGPT and causes this AI to work in a certain way. This training consists of ChatGPT deducing the meaning of a text to understand how different semantic elements and words are related and thus being able to establish the probability that some appear near others. But this is, in reality, a pre-training phase, since the AI then begins to be trained by humans and must interact with them.
- GAN Training – Generative Adversarial Network or GAN is a training technique that involves two AIs pitting themselves against each other. One (generative AI), based on probabilities derived from a large amount of data, creates images or texts. The other (called discriminative AI) must analyze whether that result is generated by an AI or is human. To win, generative AI will do its best to outsmart discriminative AI, adapting as much as possible to human-created results. Training ends when the generative AI consistently beats the other.
As you can see, human participation is present in the creation of generative AIs, but most of their learning and training takes place automatically.
Benefits Of Generative AI
The good thing about generative AI is that it can be very positive for different teams within the same company and different sectors:
- Support to the content creation team: generative AI platforms for text, video, and images are known to everyone. They are the most famous. ChatGPT, Midjourney, DALL-E… All of them can be great allies to eliminate creative blocks and contribute ideas.
- Medical and scientific application: By being able to analyze large amounts of data, these AIs can detect patterns that are difficult for humans to locate and support professionals when making a diagnosis.
- Boost for marketing and advertising: for the same reason, it is very interesting to use AI tools in these two areas. Because they can detect consumer patterns, brands will know what they need so they can give it to them and increase their conversions. Not only that, they can identify trends before they happen so brands can prepare and take advantage of sales opportunities.
- Free up time for teams: By being able to simulate conversations as if they were human beings, generative AI can do more basic tasks such as answering frequently asked questions from users so that professionals have more time to deal with more complex and creative tasks.
Read This Article: How To Use The Sales Intelligence System
Limits Of Generative AI
It must be taken into account that Artificial Intelligence is based on content already generated by humans, so if it is trained with internet content, as is the case with, for example, ChatGPT, it can provide non-veridical, poorly contrasted, and subjective information. Therefore, we do not have to take the information it provides as true, but as what it is, information collected from different sources that may have errors.
On the other hand, when Generative Artificial Intelligence is used to create creative content, many times we will not find the final result in the first interaction with the tool. We will most likely need to give it our human review, which is why, today, generative AI focused on creative aspects serves as inspiration and guidance, but they do not usually offer the result we are looking for at the click of a button.
Uses Of Generative Artificial Intelligence In The Company
1. Translation of texts into different languages.
2. Generation of informative and creative content.
3. Summary and content extension.
4. Explanation of complex tasks.
5. Creation of communication bots so that they can serve customers 24/7.
6. Creation of images and video.
7. Code generation.
In short, anyone who needs to generate content, whether textual or visual, can turn to Generative Artificial Intelligence to support them.
How To Build Generative Artificial Intelligence
The truth is that few companies have managed to develop Generative Artificial Intelligence models. Those that have managed to do so have millions of funds that donate resources to the cause. For example, Elon Musk’s OpenAI company, creator of ChatGPT, DALL-E, and previous ChatGPT models, has billions of donors. And creating these systems takes time and money. ChatGPT-3 is estimated to have cost several million dollars and had to be trained on around 45 terabytes of textual data.
Not only that, the companies capable of bringing this type of technology to light also have some of the best engineers and computer scientists in the world. As is the case of, for example, DeepMind, a subsidiary company of Alphabet (parent company of Meta and Google) that released its Generative AI called Make-A-Video, a tool capable of generating videos from text.
Therefore, as you can imagine, most companies cannot afford to create Generative Artificial Intelligence on their own and have to use tools created by the type of companies named above. Fortunately, ChatGPT is an open platform that anyone can benefit from, although most of them require prior payment.
Read This Article: Twitter Is Now X: The New Rebranding Of The Social Network
The Future Of Generative AI In The Short-Term
The big question is, will generative AI replace the work of some professionals? That is something that cannot be known, but what is certain is that little by little, Generative Artificial Intelligence tools will become an indispensable tool within many sectors and many areas of the company.
If the replacement takes place, there are tasks that AIs cannot carry out and that humans will have to continue doing, tasks that, by the way, are very important. In that sense, to face this replacement in the best possible way, as individuals and as companies, there are many things we can do:
- Don’t stop learning about technology: technology advances by leaps and bounds and as a professional, it is crucial to stay updated to be able to adequately face the different challenges that arise. Learning about data science, AI and machine learning is going to be crucial since this technology is going to be increasingly present and you have to know how to work with it.
- Train soft skills: it encompasses all those social and communication skills that allow the person to move through the work environment appropriately. An AI cannot replace them and will be the true value of a professional.
- Know the appropriate use of AI: it is important to be informed about the limits and risks that AI entails to know how to use them responsibly and ethically.
- Enhance innovation and creativity: AIs are not yet capable of generating new concepts or ideas, as they copy existing ones. Therefore, these two aspects will also be great values that a person can contribute as a professional.
If you have not done so yet, we encourage you to include Generative Artificial Intelligence in some areas of your company so that you are not left behind. You will see that they can be a great support for your team, being able to streamline processes and improve final results. Do not be reticent about new technologies, the real challenge is knowing how to use them appropriately, but refusing to use them will only mean that your competition will pass you by.