Today, a deep understanding of business and technology plays a crucial role in the success of growing companies. Not having the best ERP Software (Enterprise Resource Planning) can mean losing competitiveness and even being left out of the game. If you are in the process of searching for ERP Software, in this post we give you the keys to choose the best one.
What Is ERP Software?
ERP software is a computer system designed to help companies efficiently manage all their processes and areas.
It is a comprehensive solution that centralizes everything in a single system, business functions, and operations, making it easy to plan, manage, and monitor the company’s resources and activities: inventory management, purchasing, sales, finances, production, logistics, human resources, projects, etc.
What Types Of ERP Software Exist?
Based on different criteria, there are different ways to classify ERP systems.
If we take into account the size of the company, we can classify them by:
- ERP for Large Companies: These ERP systems are designed for large companies with many departments, complex processes, and very high transaction volumes.
- ERP for SMEs: These systems are aimed at small and medium-sized companies that may need standard or advanced functionalities but on a scale more appropriate to their needs and budget. They often require customizable modules and flexible deployment options.
In both cases, they must have the ability to meet the company’s integration needs with other applications and platforms.
There are ERP solutions specialized in specific industrial sectors, such as manufacturing, distribution, construction, health, education, financial services, and retail, among others. These systems are designed to address the particular requirements and challenges of each industry, including specific regulations and best practices.
At Inforges, we are experts in ERP SAP Business One and ERP Cegid Ekon Cloud. You can consult our sector solutions in the following links:
- SAP Business One Solutions by Industry
- Cegid Ekon Solutions by Industry
We can also find ERP on-premise or in the cloud.
- ERP on-premise: It is software that requires to be installed locally, that is, to be hosted on the physical servers and IT infrastructure of the organization.
- Cloud ERP: These ERP systems are offered as cloud services, meaning that the data and infrastructure are hosted on external servers and accessed over the Internet. The advantage of cloud ERPs is that they offer flexibility, scalability, and remote access to information, without the need for investment in internal infrastructure.
We already talked in a previous post about the benefits of both options: ERP On-premise or ERP in the cloud?
These are just a few examples of the types of ERP software available on the market. Each of them has particular features and functionalities, so companies need to evaluate their needs and conduct extensive research to find the software that best suits their specific requirements.
Read This Article: How CTR Can Help Us Optimize An Email Marketing Campaign
Why Do Growing SMEs Need ERP Software?
SMEs need ERP software to:
- Improve operational efficiency.
- Optimize resource management.
- Improve financial capacity.
- Facilitate communication and exchange of information between departments.
- Comply with legal regulations.
- Achieve competitive advantages over other competitors in your sector
- Make better decisions with accurate and real-time information
- Have real control of the company
Implementing ERP software is a strategic investment for the short medium, and long-term growth and success of a company.
10 Keys For SMEs Looking For The Best ERP Software
When an SME is looking for an ERP, it is important to take into account a series of keys that will help in making decisions:
- Define the objectives and needs: Before starting the search, it is essential to be clear about the company’s objectives and needs. Determine which areas or processes need to be improved and which functionalities are essential to the success of the business.
- Evaluate scalability: It is essential to select ERP software that can grow and adapt to the future growth of the company. Ensure the system can handle increased volumes of data and users as the business evolves.
- Consider ease of use: Looking for intuitive, easy-to-use ERP software is essential, especially for SMBs that may not have a dedicated IT team. The interface should be friendly and require a minimal learning curve to maximize system adoption.
- Analyze integration with other tools: Make sure that the ERP software integrates with other tools and systems used in the company, such as CRM, e-commerce, and warehouse management systems, among others. Seamless integration will facilitate data transfer and improve overall efficiency.
- Assess mobility: Nowadays, it is essential to have mobile access to ERP software. Verify if the system has mobile applications or a web interface that allows access and management of information from mobile devices at any time and place.
- Consider support and training: Make sure the ERP software provider offers good technical support and training for users.
- Review security: Data security is of utmost importance, so you will need to ensure that your ERP software has robust security measures, such as data encryption, secure access, and backup options to protect sensitive business information from the company.
- Compare costs and licensing options: Evaluate the licensing model and costs associated with ERP software. Some systems are based on monthly subscriptions, while others may require a larger initial investment. Consider which best fits your budget and long-term needs.
- Investigate the reputation and experience of the supplier: Investigate the reputation and experience of the ERP software supplier. Read reviews, and testimonials, and consult other companies that have used the system to learn about service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct a trial or demo: Before making a final decision, request a trial or demo of the ERP software. This will allow you to evaluate its functionality, interface, and how it adapts to the specific needs of the company.
These 10 keys will help you select the best ERP to drive operational efficiency, growth, and business success.