Like every end of the year, Instagram invites its users to come back to the highlights of the past year. But unlike previous editions, the Instagram retrospective will not be published as a story.
The photo-sharing platform preferred to highlight the Reel, its new video format. Here’s how it works.
Create The Summary Of Your Year As A Reel
Do you know the Instagram retrospective? No? Every year, at the end of December, Instagram creates a compilation of all the best photos you’ve posted on its platform.
The algorithms then take care of selecting for you the most significant publications of the past year.
Of course, nothing prevents you from modifying this selection by removing or adding the content of your choice. I also strongly advise you to take the time to make some corrections.
This will prevent you, for example, from coming across photos of your ex in your memories.
Once your retrospective is over, all you have to do is click a button to share it with all of your subscribers as a story. See how to post an Instagram video from a video.
Read This Article: Cryptocurrencies That Could Overshadow Bitcoin
New Reels Templates Let You Create Your Retrospective
So much for how Instagram retrospectives work. But what you don’t know yet is that for this new 2022 edition, Instagram has innovated by replacing the traditional story with its new short video format, the Reel.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone
- Go to the platform’s home page by clicking on the house-shaped tab
- Then press the Reel button placed at the bottom and middle of your phone screen
- Click the camera icon
- A new window will open with the 4 different Reels templates to create your own Instagram retrospective
- Scroll through the different models by sliding your finger from right to left
- Once the correct Template has been selected, click on the Use this template button
- Then add the photos and videos of your choice
- Press next to preview your Year in Review Reel
- If the result does not suit you, you can always modify the selected content
- Click next again to view the final result
- Do not forget to add captions as well as information about the people present in the photos or the names of the places where the scene takes place
- Tap the Share button to make your Reel appear in your followers’ News Feeds as well as on your profile
Importantly, Instagram will start sending out notifications and messages to encourage members to create their recap in the coming days.
As we know, this type of summary of the past year is very successful on social networks.
Spotify publishes its Wrapped each year end in December. And the success of this type of retrospective cannot be denied.
There is a list of songs, artists, albums, and also podcasts that Spotify members have listened to the most over the past 12 months.
Read This Article: How To Advertise On INSTAGRAM ADS?
Read This Article: What Is The Importance Of Having A Laundry Center At Home?