With autumn recipes the temperature drops, daylight hours are reduced and the first colds appear. It is also a time when you want hot and seasonal dishes.
In this post, we give you several ideas for fall recipes for boys and girls that are easy to cook and healthy.
Fall Foods For Boys And Girls
Knowing the characteristic foods of autumn will help us buy seasonal products and use nutrients that provide energy and health to protect us from colds and flu that are common in autumn, in children and adults.
In general, the characteristic autumn fruits and vegetables contain more vitamin C, such as oranges or tangerines.
Among The Autumn Fruits, The Following Stand Out:
- Tangerine. It is a citrus similar to orange, but smaller. It contains enough water and vitamin C to prevent colds. It can be eaten raw and used for sauces, juices, fruit salads, or desserts.
- Grenade. It is difficult to find it at other times of the year, so it is advisable to take advantage of the autumn months to buy and consume it. The pomegranate stands out for its high content of vitamin C, folic acid, and potassium. It has few calories and is also characterized by its antioxidant properties. It can be used for salads, sauces, or juices.
- Pear. It is an easy fruit to find throughout the year and is a source of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium. It also contains a lot of water which favors digestion. It can be eaten raw, in salads, or desserts.
- Kiwi. Although we find it in the supermarket at all times of the year, it is an autumn fruit. It contains more vitamin C than an orange and plenty of fiber, so it is recommended for children and adults.
As For Autumn Vegetables, We Highlight The Following:
- Mushrooms. With the autumn rains the first mushrooms appear. They are rich in phosphorus, iodine, selenium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and zinc. They also contain vitamins A, C, and D and some of group B. They can be eaten sautéed as an accompaniment to a meat or fish dish and scrambled, for example.
- Pumpkin. It is the most characteristic vegetable of autumn and is rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C. It is also characterized by being an antioxidant. The pumpkin can be eaten pureed, for example.
- Artichokes. It has diuretic and cleansing properties and a high fiber content. They can be eaten in stews, grilled, in salads, or cooked.
- Eggplant. Eggplant is rich in fiber and magnesium, iron and potassium, as well as vitamins B and C. It helps reduce cholesterol and improves digestion. They can be cooked on the grill, in stews, and on escalivada.
Fall Recipe Ideas For Boys And Girls
If you want to provide your sons and daughters with the necessary nutrients for this time of year and prevent colds and flu, we suggest some ideas for autumn recipes for boys and girls:
Pumpkin cream. Pumpkin cream is one of the classic fall recipes. The ingredients that you will need are the following: 750 g of pumpkin, two carrots, one onion, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. The preparation is very simple and you must follow the following steps:
- Peel and chop all the vegetables. As the pumpkin is hard and difficult to cut, you have the option of buying it cut and vacuum-packed.
- In a casserole add the oil and the vegetables. Sauté for two or three minutes and cover with water.
- Cook for 20 minutes and blend with a blender.
Scrambled Eggs With Mushrooms. For this recipe, you will need eight eggs, 100 grams of mushrooms (trumpets of death, for example), two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 100 ml of milk, a tablespoon of liquid cream, chives, salt, and pepper.
The preparation steps are as follows: heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mushrooms for five minutes. Add a little salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with a little salt and milk.
Put the eggs in the pan over very low heat and stir until a creamy mixture is left. Garnish the scrambled eggs with little chives.
Chestnut Cookies. Chestnuts are another typical autumn food. For this recipe, you will need 140 grams of pure chocolate for melting desserts, 60 grams of pure chocolate in pieces, 60 grams of sugar, a large egg, 160 grams of chestnut flour, 60 grams of extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon of salt.
The first thing you will have to do is preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
In a bowl, add the flour, make a hole in the center, and add the melted chocolate, as well as the rest of the ingredients.
Knead the mixture with your hands until it is compact. Form balls and you can pass them through icing sugar. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees and let cool.
Artichokes With Potatoes. The ingredients for this recipe are as follows: eight artichokes, four small potatoes, one spring onion, three garlic cloves, two tablespoons of chopped parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.
The preparation is as follows: Clean the artichokes and cut them in half. Chop the garlic and spring onion, peel the potatoes, and peel them. Pour the oil into a saucepan and sauté the garlic and chives.
Add the potatoes and cook for three to four minutes. Add the artichokes, salt, and pepper and cover with water.
Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes and check that the artichokes are cooked, as well as the potatoes. When serving, add the chopped parsley and, if you like, a fried or poached egg.
Autumn recipes for boys and girls are a source of energy and are part of a healthy diet, which will provide them with energy for their day-to-day at school and home.
Read This Article: Do You Know The Benefits Of Hiring A Digital Marketing Agency?